返回列表 發帖

許多灰鸚活不過五歲

鳥類獸醫的專訪...
(http://www.parrotsdailynews.com/ ... eep-as-pet-part-vi/)

問:  I have heard that African Grey Parrots often die at early age as pets, is that true?

獸醫答:

I agree, many African Grey Parrots die within the first five years of their age.

問: Do you think that this is caused by unexperienced breeders or pet owners?

獸醫答:

Actually, sometimes it might be difficult to find out the cause.

To my mind, 90% of troubles are caused by owners. I don’t say that it’s their intention…

My oldest African Grey patient is more than 40 years old, I don’t know any older in person. This parrot comes from a lady whose husband worked as a diplomat in Africa. They bought two young African Grey Parrots there, one died at the age of 38 years, the second is still living.

As for African Greys… To my mind, this species is not mostly a suitable pet at all.
Only sometimes it really works that a family and the African Grey Parrot get along.
However, their popularity is just set so high because they can imitate the human talk well. But I really believe that there are many reasons why we shouldn’t buy this species as a pet. I also don’t think that it’s possible to explain this to people because they want always a talking parrot. Many people who acquire this species will find out that it can be very difficult to keep it and will sell it, eventually.

African Greys are so conservative in matter of the diet. I believe that this is caused by their natural ecology. They hate any sudden changes in their environment. Maybe this protects them in the wild.

Another thing is that this species live in flocks and there is some hierarchy for sure.
So when the parrot is lonely then it wants to have a flock from family members or have a strong bond with its owner. But, understandably, humans don’t behave as the bird expect and that’s the cause of many conflicts.

The parrot wants to be dominant and sometimes it is allowed to and sometimes not. That’s why the animal is so confused and start self-damaging.

Or it is allowed to be dominant always and the whole family is being bited, you can’t cut bird’s nails, it eats only sunflower etc.

Or another case is when sexual hormones play a role. When it’s mixed with above mentioned problems then it’s very difficult to solve.

Nobody wants to have a plucked bird so people let vet to do some examinations but there are so many possible causes that it can take a very long time to fix it.
To summarize it, the African Grey Parrot is a very difficult bird…

完全明白~講得好~
email:perfect90220909@yahoo.com.hk
fax:24981198
tel:90220909

MY english is Ltd

完全唔明,但應該講得好。
逊女一。鸡尾三。彩鳳仔一,太阳女一。

以下是中文翻譯,希望對部份會員有幫助。

問:我曾聽聞作為寵物的非洲灰鸚鵡時常會很年輕就死亡,對嗎?
獸醫答:
我同意,很多非洲灰鸚鵡在牠們首五年內死亡。

問:你是否認為這是由於繁殖者或寵物主人缺乏經驗?
獸醫答:
實際上有些時候可能很困難找出成因。

我個人認為百份之九十的問題都是飼養者造成,我並不是說這是他們有意的。

我最年長的非洲灰鸚鵡病鳥是超過四十歲,我個人不知道有更年長的,這鸚鵡來自一個婦人,她的丈夫的工作是非洲的外交官。他們在哪兒購買了兩隻年幼的非洲灰鸚鵡,其中一隻在三十八歲時死去,另一隻現在還活著。

我個人認為非洲灰鸚鵡這個品種並不很適合作為寵物。只是有些時候實際上非洲灰鸚鵡與飼養者家庭可融洽相處。然而牠們很受歡迎是因為牠們很能模仿人類說話,但我很相信有很多理由我們不應購買此品種作為寵物。我亦不想像到可向大眾解說這點,因為眾人都想擁有會說話的鸚鵡。有些人擁有這品種後會發現很難飼養,最終會把牠出售。

非洲灰鸚鵡在進食上很保守,我相信這是由於牠們的自然生態。牠們討厭環境上的突然改變,可能這保護牠們留在荒野。

另外此品種是群居生活,有些肯定是掌權者。
故此當鸚鵡孤獨時會想從家庭成員中建立群體或與主人建立緊密的關係。但可明白的是人類的行為與鳥兒的期望有偏差導致很多衝突。

鸚鵡希望支配別人,有些時候容許,有些時候則不許可,因此牠會很混亂而開始自殘。

若牠容許時常作主導,牠會咬全部家庭成員,不能替牠剪指甲,牠只會吃葵瓜子等。

另外有些個案是性激素的影響,當這因素與前述的問題混合就會很難解決。

沒有人想有一隻拔毛的鳥所以會讓獸醫做些檢查,但其成因很多,需要很長時間去修正。
作為一個總結,非洲灰鸚鵡是很難相處的鳥…

完全唔明,但應該講得好。
wongleung 發表於 2015-4-25 18:54

我個中文翻譯係咁~
問:鸚鵡樹主席是否靚仔?